A Bar Harbor Hotel … the Wonder View Inn
The Wonder View Inn is a pet friendly property that sits high on a hilltop offering one of Bar Harbor premiere hotel locations. Our property has a twenty-four hour front desk, daily housekeeping, outdoor heated pool, and beautifully manicured grounds in which you can enjoy playing volley ball and horseshoes, or take a relaxing stroll with your dog. The entire property has FREE wireless internet and many of our rooms offer views of Frenchman Bay and surrounding islands. Not only are we a minute from downtown Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park but we also offer superb dining on property at our Looking Glass Restaurant which offers spectacular panoramic views of Frenchman Bay.
- The Wonder View Inn is a stop for the free of charge Island Explorer that operates from June 23rd to Columbus Day.This is a shuttle service offering 8 routes linking the hotels to the downtown area as well as Acadia National Park. See Eden Street Route Here
- Mount Desert Island was voted #4 on USA Today’s “10 Best U.S. Islands- Readers’ Choice!”
- Mount Desert Island has been recognized as one of the Top 12 Scenic Islands in the World by Condé Nast Traveler Magazine!
- Bar Harbor is #7 on USA Today 2013 Travel Readers’ Choice 10 Best Romantic N. American Getaways
- Bar Harbor is #4 on TripAdvisor’s 10 Destinations on the Rise 2013 Travelers Choice List!
- Our Looking Glass Restaurant was voted the “Best Breakfast with a View,” for all of Maine, by the editors at Yankee Magazine (May/June 2010).
- We are located on 14 sprawling acres home to a variety of wildlife (no bears) and offer plenty of room for the entire family to explore.